Answer the following questions after having seen a short film by Sarah Zorik titled The Other Pair.
- How does the film make you feel?
- What do you think is the message of the film?
- Do you think it is possible to be empathetic?
- Who is the most empathetic person you know?
- Why do you think humans feel empathy?
- Do you think that people are born with empathy or are they taught it?
- If you see a homeless person on the street asking for money, what is the first thing you think about them?
- Are you good at knowing when something is wrong with a coworker or family member?
- What does the idiom “I feel your pain.” mean? Have you ever felt some else’s pain?
- Do you feel that you are an empathetic person? Why is empathy an important part of your life?
- Can a person be too empathetic? What would be the positive or negative attributes of being too empathetic
How to support someone when you hear bad news:
“Oh I am so sorry that happened.”
“Wow I am so sorry to hear that.”
“You must have been really (scared) (stressed out)”
“That must have been really stressful”
To let them know you’re available:
“If you need to talk I’m around”
“If you feel like talking about it feel free to reach out”
“Let me know if you need anything.”
“Let me know if there’s anything I can do”